‘L.A. in Motion’-inspired design, local flavors highlight new international terminal
THE NEW TERMINAL 2 HIGHLIGHTS
- $78.3 million investment by Westfield to transform nearly 76,000 square feet of dining, retail and common area
- 34 percent projected increase in sales, with projected annual sales of $41 million
- 76 percent projected increase in permanent terminal jobs
- A vibrant, new design and 16 new retail and dining destinations, including seven Southern California brands
- Westfield’s design inspiration, “L.A. in Motion,” captures the energy and on-the-go attitude of Los Angeles
LOS ANGELES (Click here for our online press kit) – A key milestone in Westfield’s transformation of five terminals at Los Angeles International Airport was unveiled today with the grand opening of the new Terminal 2, which joins Tom Bradley International Terminal as a world-class hub for global travelers.
Westfield – which designs, funds, builds and manages the world’s best retail destinations and customer experiences in landmark cities and airports around the globe – invested $78.3 million into the terminal and transformed nearly 76,000 square feet, including more than 15,000 square feet of new dining and retail. The upgrade brings together a vibrant design, local restaurants and signature retail, creating a more holistic customer journey.
“L.A. is the center of international travel, and this spectacular new terminal will help us broaden our global reach even further,” said Mayor Eric Garcetti. “With the help of our partners, we have turned this terminal into a beautiful new space — and an expression of our commitment to building the world-class airport our residents and visitors expect and deserve.”