Design inspired by L.A.’s famed Sunset Boulevard features 21 new dining and retail destinations; newly revealed first-of-its-kind The Marketplace by Wolfgang Puck
In partnership with Los Angeles World Airports (LAWA), Westfield is giving a sneak peek of the transformation coming to Terminal 6 at Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) with the release of an exclusive new video. Inspired by Los Angeles’ iconic Sunset Boulevard, the new design will feature 14 L.A.-based brands and 13 new airport firsts anywhere, and unite the terminal’s existing disjointed buildings into a seamless, cutting-edge consumer experience.
The following files are available to members of the news media. Publishing or broadcast is encouraged.
To view or download an image file, click on the associated link and select “Download” from the upper left corner of the screen. Click here to view or download all files in the press kit. If you need additional assistance, please email us at email@example.com and a member of our team will respond to your request as soon as possible.
Westfield, as Terminal Developer and Concessions Manager, is pleased to announce the final three opportunities for Food & Beverage concessions in conjunction with the Terminal 6 redevelopment project at Los Angeles International Airport.
Please note that all three opportunities are “open” categories and we welcome all types of concepts. The three concepts, mentioned in the e-mail dated 12/16/14, (i) Marketplace Café’, (ii) Ramen Noodle, and (iii) Pizzeria, for Spaces 665, 662, and 660 respectively were suggestions.
Westfield is excited to announce that on approximately January 9, 2015, the CEP for LAX Terminal 6 will be released for the following three (3) opportunities:
- 665 / 664 – F&B (1,402 SF combined as one single space)
- 662 – F&B (449 SF)
- 660 – F&B (759 SF)
The three (3) concepts shall possess a vibrant “Los Angeles” focused, local chef-driven, marketplace that utilizes all three (3) of the spaces detailed below collectively.
- Space 665/664 - “Marketplace Café Concept” – Focus should be on local chef-driven concept featuring gourmet sandwiches, salads, soups, etc.:
- Bakery – fresh baked goods, cupcakes, pastries, etc.
- Cheese & Charcuterie Selection
- Deli Case – grilled vegetables, roasted meats, chicken, fish, fruit, etc.
- Dinner Items – hot food; short ribs, roasted chicken, etc.
- Breakfast – breakfast sandwiches, steel cut oatmeal, coffee, etc.
- Gourmet Grocery – specialty food items; olive oils, gourmet jam, honey, pasta, etc.
- Sandwiches, Soups, Salads, Hummus Selection
- Gourmet Ice Cream Component (optional)
- Space 662 – Ramen Noodle Type Concept
- Space 660 – Pizzeria
- Traditional wood-fire oven pizza served as a whole pizza or individual slices.
- Also ability to sell select authentic Italian style hot and cold sandwiches, salads and desserts.
Thank you for your interest. Contact Jason Feeley of Westfield at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or suggestions about the locations.
Transformation features 11 L.A. area restaurants and shops, high style, new amenities
LOS ANGELES (Nov. 19, 2014) – Eighteen new dining and retail destinations – including 11 Los Angeles area concepts and 13 concepts new to LAX – are coming to Terminal 6 at Los Angeles International Airport (LAX), Westfield announced today in partnership with Los Angeles World Airports (LAWA). The global developer is transforming the traveler experience at LAX through luxury retail, sophisticated dining, and world-class design and amenities at Terminals 1, 2, 3, 6 and Tom Bradley International Terminal.
Design inspired by L.A.’s legendary Sunset Boulevard to feature 18 shops and restaurants
LOS ANGELES – Building off of the iconic transformation of Los Angeles International Airport’s (LAX) Tom Bradley International Terminal, Westfield today unveiled its design vision for the redevelopment of LAX’s Terminal 6 concessions, inspired by Los Angeles’ famed Sunset Boulevard. With its U.S. headquarters located in Los Angeles, the global developer is transforming the traveler experience through luxury retail, sophisticated dining, and world-class design at LAX’s Terminals 1, 2, 3, 6 and Tom Bradley International Terminal.