Westfield unveils 4 new dining destinations coming to Terminal 1 overhaul
West Hollywood-based Reilly’s Irish Pub, The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf, California Pizza Kitchen, and modern new deli concept join lineup;
Total transformation of Southwest flagship will benefit 8M customers annually
Image courtesy of Areas USA.
Four new dining destinations will bolster the new customer experience Westfield is bringing to Terminal 1 at Los Angeles International Airport (LAX), part of a $508 million overhaul spearheaded by Southwest Airlines in partnership with Los Angeles World Airports (LAWA). Managed by Areas USA, the new venues include Reilly’s Irish Pub of West Hollywood, The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf, California Pizza Kitchen, and Deli & Co. When complete, the new Terminal 1 will dramatically transform the customer experience with a bold new design, exciting new digital innovations, and 24 new premier dining and retail destinations.
The new locations – which join six previously announced retail and dining concepts – are expected to open progressively beginning later this year, with the total terminal redevelopment slated for completion in 2018.
“The new dining and retail lineup at Terminal 1 is essential in giving Southwest customers the fresh, exciting and efficient experience they look for when traveling,” said Dominic Lowe, Executive Vice President, Westfield.
“Areas is passionate about delivering a world class experience for Southwest flyers traveling through Terminal 1 at Los Angeles International Airport. Our mix of unique concepts reflects the spirit of Los Angeles and the region,” said Xavier Rabell, CEO of Areas North America. “We are honored to work with Westfield towards making Terminal 1 an amazing passenger experience.”
When complete, Westfield’s new retail and dining collection will span 25,242 square feet – nearly double the previous program. The new lineup includes:
- Reilly’s Irish Pub: Good food, good drinks, and good fun at this West Hollywood original boasting the largest selection of whiskey in Los Angeles.
- Deli & Co.: Putting the “delicatessen” back in deli with fresh quality ingredients that satisfy cravings morning, noon, and night.
- California Pizza Kitchen: California-style cuisine from quality ingredients including hearth-baked pizzas, distinctive pastas, and fresh salads;
- The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf: Born and brewed in Southern California, delivering the taste and aroma of the world’s best coffees and teas;
- Rock & Brews: Sample world-class craft beers and quality American comfort food in a vibrant environment, a partnership with KISS front men Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley;
- Be Relax: Get pampered with on-demand massage, nail and facial services at this LAX first;
- Quiksilver: Shop quality surf wear and lifestyle items from the iconic Southern California brand, an airport first anywhere;
- Treat Me Sweet: Indulge in confections and candies, an airport first anywhere;
- I Love L.A.: Pick up must-have travel essentials, souvenirs and news & gift items; and
- Brookstone: Discover unique gifts for men, women, and children.
In addition to Areas USA, Westfield operating partners in Terminal 1 include Crews (formerly Crews of California), LA-based Soto & Sanchez, Brookstone, Inc., and Be Relax. Westfield plans to conduct two additional Competitive Evaluation Processes (CEP) at later dates, where additional restaurants and retail stores will be solicited to join the Terminal 1 lineup.
Design Vision Introduces Travelers to “The Unexpected”
The new Terminal 1 design vision forges the unexpected with efficiency, which is expressed through simple but sculptural forms curated with artisanal, creative and fun products, palette and finishes. The terminal will be brought to life with open and expanded views to the exciting flight operations outside, inviting sightlines, as well as authentic layers of materials and finishes, sculpted facades and pops of color inside.
Constructed in 1984, Terminal 1 is home to 15 gates and is served exclusively by Southwest Airlines. In 2014, Southwest served more than 8 million departing and arriving passengers at Terminal 1. Terminal 1 joins Westfield’s LAX portfolio of Terminals 2, 3, 6, and Tom Bradley International Terminal.