Westfield unveils 18 new dining and retail destinations for LAX Terminal 6
Transformation features 11 L.A. area restaurants and shops, high style, new amenities
LOS ANGELES (Nov. 19, 2014) – Eighteen new dining and retail destinations – including 11 Los Angeles area concepts and 13 concepts new to LAX – are coming to Terminal 6 at Los Angeles International Airport (LAX), Westfield announced today in partnership with Los Angeles World Airports (LAWA). The global developer is transforming the traveler experience at LAX through luxury retail, sophisticated dining, and world-class design and amenities at Terminals 1, 2, 3, 6 and Tom Bradley International Terminal.
“Much like Los Angeles is a collection of diverse neighborhoods woven together by boulevards, Terminal 6 will unite three disjointed buildings into a seamless experience for travelers through the best in dining, retail, design and amenities,” said Dominic Lowe, Executive Vice President, Westfield. “We are thrilled to continue to partner with Los Angeles World Airports to bring the best of L.A. into LAX as the airport transforms into a landmark befitting of this great city.”
L.A.’s Sunset Boulevard Inspires Iconic Design
Coined “The Boulevard,” Westfield’s design vision will feature bold architectural lighting, exciting digital technologies, and a cohesive use of materials to create a relaxing yet dramatic environment aimed at replicating the experience of traveling along Sunset Blvd. from downtown Los Angeles to the Pacific Coast Highway. The meandering curves in Bel Air and Brentwood inspired the retail and dining districts, while a calm glowing bar becomes the ultimate destination to relax or recharge before a flight.
Constructed in 1961 and expanded in 1979, LAX’s Terminal 6 is home to 14 gates and five carriers serving both domestic and international travelers. In 2013, Terminal 6 served more than 8 million travelers. The design will open up the interface between the original terminal and its connector – built more than a decade later – to create more space and new sightlines to shopping, dining and gates. Gate lounges will feature café, lounge and communal seating with ample charging outlets to offer travelers the option to work, relax or socialize before boarding.
Dining and Retail Collection More than Doubles Existing Program
The new Terminal 6 dining collection includes eight new options – up from five in the existing program –curated by Westfield that bring global flavors together for a traveler-friendly mix of healthy and fresh sit-down, casual dining, and grab-and-go. With five times the shopping options at ten destinations, travelers can look forward to an enhanced offering of travel essentials and specialty retail.
- Taste traditional old-world Italian cuisine at Osteria by Fabio Viviani; a debut L.A. concept created by the famed Top Chef;
- Indulge in juicy California-style charburgers at The Habit Burger Grill;
- Chow down on a menu of eclectic fusion fare with a Hawaiian vibe at Wahoo’s Fish Taco;
- Experience L.A. beach-inspired cuisine at Blu2o;
- Delight in healthy fresh juices and fresh salads for a signature California lifestyle at Earth Bar;
- Sample world-class craft beers by a local craft brewery at Point the Way Café;
- Sip on the world’s best known coffees at (2) Starbucks locations;
- Pick up must-have travel essentials at Los Angeles News, Access Hollywood, Sunset News, and MARKET 8600;
- Discover the best designer apparel for men, women and kids from one of Southern California’s most chic boutiques at M. Fredric;
- Shop the leading international business, accessory and travel lifestyle brand at Tumi;
- Relax at XpresSpa, with massage, nail and facial services and a retail selection of locally produced beauty and travel products;
- Stock up on quality cosmetics for the makeup addict at MAC Cosmetics;
- Choose from over 100 different candies and chocolates with rich heritage at See’s Candies; and
- Find the latest in electronics and cutting-edge technology at Belkin.
Westfield’s operating partners at Terminal 6 are Delaware North, HMSHost, Hudson Group, J&H Enterprises, SSP America, Tumi, Inc., World Duty Free Group and XpresSpa. In addition to Westfield’s program, the duty-free operator at Terminal 6 is DFS.