Major Milestone at the New TBIT: South Concourse Flight Operations Off the Ground
A sneak peak at Westfield’s Dining Terrace, which will feature sustainable elements,demonstration-style cooking and L.A. favorites such as 800 Degrees and Umami Burger.
September 18, 2013 – Today, Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti will be joined by former mayors and elected officials; airport officials and representatives of airlines; and other airport tenants to commemorate the start of South Concourse flight operations at the New Tom Bradley International Terminal (TBIT) at Los Angeles International Airport (LAX). The start of flight operations marks completion of Phase I of the overall $1.9-billion New TBIT Project.
The New TBIT’s 150,000-square-foot Antonio Villaraigosa Pavilion will soon impress passengers from around the world with more than 60 premier dining and luxury retail and duty-free shops – including 22 local L.A. brands – and other world-class amenities. The new dining and retail collection will phase-in as concessions transition from pre-security to post-security. The existing concessions will remain open as new and exciting dining and shops are opened progressively in the coming days and weeks.
“We are pleased to welcome the first travelers into the Villaraigosa Pavilion today to delight in this next-generation airport experience,” said Peter S. Lowy, co-chief executive officer of the Westfield Group. “With flight operations now underway, we look forward to introducing passengers to the best local and global brands as we begin the transition to transform LAX into a global gateway beyond travelers’ wildest dreams, and we look forward to the future of LAX.”
When complete, the New TBIT dining lineup will include sophisticated options that bring global flavors together for a traveler-friendly mix of healthy & fresh sit-down, casual and grab-and-go. Passengers will:
- Experience Top Chef Winner Michael Voltaggio’s modern techniques and feel the flavor burst from his sandwiches at ink.sack;
- Feast on upscale, modern Mexican food in a vibrant cantina setting from the “Top Chef Masters” duo of Susan Feniger and Mary Sue Milliken at Border Grill;
- Delight in Umami Burger, the L.A. outlet awarded GQ’s “Burger of the Year” title;
- Savor freshly roasted, direct trade coffees from LAMill Coffee boutique;
- Grab gourmet sandwiches, charcuterie, artisanal cheese and more from James Beard Award Winner Suzanne Goin and Caroline Styne at Larder at Tavern;
- Craft their own wood-fired Neapolitan pie at famed 800 Degrees Pizzeria;
- Experience a modern steakhouse sizzling with style at III Forks;
- Enjoy sushi with fish air-shipped from Tokyo at Chaya or Lucky Fish by Sushi Roku;
- Indulge in luxury delicacies and fine wines at Petrossian Caviar & Champagne Bar;
- Discover expertly-selected wines and elegant small plates at Vino Volo;
- Indulge in baked goods from Vanilla Bake Shop;
- Delight in modern American comfort food from award-winning James Beach; and
- Grab a cup of their favorite coffee during the day and a relaxing glass of wine or beer in the evening at one of the first Starbucks Evenings in the nation.
The dining options continue with Cantina Laredo, Marmalade Café, Pinkberry, Starbucks Coffee, Drink.LA, The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf, Scoreboard LA, and Panda Express.
Featuring open, glittering glass storefronts, the New TBIT retail program will bring L.A. style to international travelers. Passengers will set their sights on:
- Magnificent Italian jewelry and luxury goods from Bvlgari;
- Jet-set styles from American designer Michael Kors;
- Luxury goods from Italian fashion house Emporio Armani;
- Upscale designs from Hollywood’s renowned Fred Segal boutique;
- The latest fashion craze at Kitson;
- Designer handbags and accessories at Coach;
- Sleek men’s accessories at Porsche Design;
- The world’s leading brand of luxury travel, business and lifestyle accessories at Tumi;
- World-famous collection of intimates at Victoria’s Secret;
- International designs from German luxury fashion and style house Hugo Boss;
- Functional and fashionable ‘digital lifestyle’ accessories from iStore Boutique; and
- Spa-tacular services such as manicures, pedicures and facials from Bliss.